Gift Reconciliation and Processing Specialist - 25669Company: University of Missouri - St. Louis
Date Posted: February 27, 2018
25669 – Gift Reconciliation and Processing Specialist
Basic Function & Responsibilities
The Advancement Services Department is responsible for all data going into and pulled out of the alumni and donor database (Ellucian Advance) for UMSL. This position is responsible for daily tracking and updating of gift processing data in both our financial management system, PeopleSoft, and our donor database, Advance. This includes daily reconciliation of transactions; gift processing as needed; creation of new gift funds; correction of errors; and regular standard reporting for distribution to management.
- Reconciliation of funds deposited into the Advancement Clearing Accounts to ensure that all gifts have been processed appropriately. This will include monthly analysis reporting for each Clearing Account.
- Communication with UM System personnel regarding donations deposited at the UM System level for UMSL programs.
- Coordination of gift processing with St. Louis Public Radio to ensure all transactions are appropriately processed.
- Creation and monitoring of gift accounts, including providing regular reports on outstanding gift accounts and donations affected.
- Facilitating the transfer of funds between gift accounts as needed.
- Processing all types of transactions as needed. Primary responsibility for managing credit card processing.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma is required.
- 2-3 years' experience with complex data entry. Experience with financial data entry preferred.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office.
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Effectively perform under pressure while maintaining a professional demeanor.
- Must be able to use sound judgement and discretion, and maintain complete confidentiality when appropriate.
- Ability to work with people from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Strong organizational, prioritization, and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and motivational skills.
- Ability to work independently while also working as a member of the University Advancement team.
- Post-secondary degree in financial or business related subject or equivalent related experience.
- Work experience with a nonprofit and/or higher education organization(s).
- Work experience with PeopleSoft and/or a donor database.
- Data quality project experience.
Minimum Salary: $15.29/hr
Application Deadline: March 17, 2018