Foundation CoordinatorCompany: The Missouri State Parks Foundation
Date Posted: February 23, 2018
Foundation Coordinator Position
The Missouri State Parks Foundation seeks qualified candidates for a Foundation Coordinator. This is a part-time position requiring 20-25 hours per week. The Foundation Coordinator will work under the direction of the Executive Director and consulting team to support fundraising, marketing and program planning.
The Missouri State Parks Foundation was established to create and sustain an outstanding collection of scenic parks and recreation areas, and to preserve and protect significant environmental areas and historical and cultural sites.
Summary of Position
Responsible for the day-to-day administration in support of development and marketing activities for the Missouri State Parks Foundation. Initial focus for this position will be to provide critical administrative support to the team working to restore the Route 66 Meramec River Bridge. This 84-year-old bridge was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2009 and efforts are just underway to raise the $10 million anticipated to restore this 1,008 foot-long bridge for recreational use.
- Prepare and send all donor acknowledgment letters.
- Provide administrative support for all special events including assisting with mailings, registration lists and other clerical duties as assigned.
- On-site responsibilities and attendance required at Missouri State Parks Foundation fundraising events.
- Handle calls and external queries regarding the Missouri State Parks Foundation’s activities
- Prepare steering committee reports
- Work with vendors to maintain bulk mail software and equipment
- Keep up with USPS rates and regulations
- Maintain inventory of letterhead, envelopes, business reply envelopes, stamps and other printing supplies
Database Management: Responsible for database management
- Assist in implementation of donor database
- Fulfill requests for queries, reports and specialized distribution lists as needed
- Proactively update constituent records on an ongoing basis and as necessary to ensure accurate information
- Manage entire gift processing
- Complete new database training, as available and/or needed, utilizing webinars and other materials provided online
- Prepare individual appeal analysis reports
- Provide monthly fundraising reports
Direct Solicitations: Work with Consulting team to create and execute various direct mail & online giving campaigns
- Develop fundraising platforms and generate accurate mail/email lists
- Manage and update solicitation segments
- Assist with writing solicitation letters, designing collateral materials and proofing all development documents for Missouri State Parks Foundation in support of Route 66 project.
- Generate appeals using segmentation and mail merge Marketing/Website: Work with team to maintain Foundation website and provide marketing support as needed
- Work with Missouri State Parks staff and consultants to maintain Foundation website
- Assist with implementation of an online giving portal for donations
Position Qualifications: The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, detail-oriented team player. This person should excel in written and oral communication skills, and be computer savvy. The natural talents of organization, multi-tasking and meeting deadlines are essential. This is a flexible position offering candidates the ability to work remotely.
Bachelor’s Degree preferred
One to three years of experience in database administration and competency using fundraising customer management or equivalent relational database.
Please submit resume via email to: email@example.com
Or mail to:
MO State Parks Foundation C/o Your Philanthropy LLC 8820 Ladue Road, Suite 203 St. Louis, MO 63124