Grants and Development OfficerCompany: EarthDance Organic Farm School
Date Posted: January 9, 2018
Mission: EarthDance sustainably grows food, farmers, and community, one small farm at a time, through hands-on education and delicious experiences.
Position: Grants and Development Officer
Location: EarthDance Organic Farm School, 233 S Dade Ave, Ferguson, MO 63135
Hours: Approximately 40 hours/week
Job Description Summary
EarthDance is seeking a self-motivated, dynamic and detail-oriented individual with excellent communication and organizational skills to serve as our Grants and Development Officer.
The Grants and Development Officer will further our mission by assisting in the preparation of grant applications and management of funded grants; communicating with funders; cultivating prospective donors; and assisting with the development and execution of EarthDance’s annual fundraising plan.
● Strong decision making skills; excellent use of discretion
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Demonstrated time management and organization skills
● Proficiency with Windows Office Suite and Google Groups, and Google Calendar
● Proficiency with Excel Spreadsheets
● Experience working collaboratively in a team environment with successful
● Professional, friendly, and enthusiastic personality
● Superior attention to detail
● Passion for the sustainable agriculture movement
● Non-profit experience
● Interest in working in a lively, fast-paced office on a farm where laughter is common and hard work is the norm
● 2+ years of professional development experience
Desired (not required)
● Experience using SalesForce
Experience applying for and managing federal grants
● Experience using Quickbooks
1. Development (50%)
Provide leadership in the planning, preparation, and execution of a comprehensive fundraising plan, including annual giving, major gifts, grants, and fundraising events
Explore opportunities to diversify contributed income streams
Develop compelling case for support
Assist the Executive Director to deepen relationships with current donors and identify and connect with other individuals capable of making major financial contributions
2. Grants Management (30%)
Oversee and manage the process to identify and manage corporate, governmental and foundation grant proposals with a special focus on funding cycles, requirements, deadlines.
Assist in the preparation of grant applications, specifically with regards to the budget.
Maintain relevant record-keeping systems related to pending and received grants.
Monitor actual vs. budgeted grant expenditures; assure that funds are utilized in a timely manner. (Assist with tracking grant expenses in QuickBooks)
Serve as a point of contact between the organization and the federal and state agencies.
Accumulate the data necessary for and process reimbursement requests.
3. Customer Relationship Management (10%)
Manage SalesForce database with help of Development Associate
Ensure database is kept up-to-date with new contacts
Create reports as needed
4. Misc. (10%)
Participate in EarthDance programming and farm activities in order to maintain a strong understanding of the impact of EarthDance’s work.
Attend and participate in weekly staff lunch meetings; contribute to overall team goals
TIME REQUIREMENTS: This is a full-time position, approximately 40 hours/week.
● Cell phone communication; use of personal laptop
● Reliable transportation; a valid driver's license is also required.
Salaried plus benefits. Including health insurance, Simple IRA retirement plan, paid time off, and a share of the harvest.
Send a resume, cover letter, and 2-3 references to: firstname.lastname@example.org No phone calls please.
Position open until filled.
For more information on EarthDance Organic Farm School,