Development and Events ManagerCompany: GlobalHack
Date Posted: October 10, 2017
GlobalHack drives social impact through technology. We organize events that kickstart community-focused software projects and deliver accessible computer science education opportunities for kids. GlobalHack is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization based in St. Louis, MO.
The Development and Events Manager is responsible for providing logistic and administrative support for the organization’s development and hackathon-related activities. This is a full-time, permanent position based in St. Louis, Missouri. The Development and Events Manager reports directly to the Executive Director.
- Oversee gift processing and stewardship, including, but not limited to the following: donation receipts, company matches, acknowledgements, mailings, and reporting.
- Work with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors to create a fundraising plan that aligns with the organization’s strategic plan.
- Work with the Executive Director to design and produce GlobalHack’s annual report.
- Work with the Executive Director to create and implement an individual giving strategy and Leadership Circle program.
- Track and manage development activities via Salesforce.
- Work with the Executive Director to design and execute pre-, during and post-event activities for all GlobalHack hackathons.
- Serve as the main point of contact for all hackathon participants, committees, volunteers, and vendors.
- Oversee, maintain, and track all hackathon-related tasks in real time using project management software.
- Excellent communication, problem solving, and proofreading skills.
- Relentless, obsessive attention to detail.
- Experience coordinating complex medium- to large-scale events.
- Excels at managing multiple projects simultaneously, goal-setting, meeting established deadlines, and using time efficiently.
- Fundraising acumen and customer service experience is preferred.
- Experience working with donor management or CRM software is preferred.
Salary Range: $40,000 to $45,000
Interested applicants should apply online at globalhack.org/careers. No phone calls please. References should be available upon request. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
GlobalHack is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Employment and program policies of GlobalHack are nondiscriminatory in regard to race, color, gender, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or sexual orientation.