Director of Development Midwest U.S.Company: Miami Univeristy
Date Posted: July 25, 2017
Job Summary: Job ID: 4527 - Unclassified - FT (Salaried)
The Director of Regional Development for the Midwest United States will advance the mission of Miami University by planning, organizing, and implementing strategies to increase the level of personal engagement and financial commitment of alumni and friends. Particular emphasis will be given to securing philanthropic and volunteer support for the University and its priorities. Reporting to the Senior Director of Regional Development through the Senior Associate Vice President for University Advancement, it is preferred that the Director of Regional Development for the Midwest resides in or near a metropolitan Midwest city working from their residence, with travel required in the Midwest region and periodic travel to Oxford, Ohio for meetings and other activities.
The Director of Regional Development for the Midwest will have the following specific duties:
- Implement and direct a comprehensive university advancement program for the Midwest in response to the goals and initiatives established by the Division of University Advancement. Specific emphasis to assigned areas will include Chicago, IL and might include other metro areas throughout the Midwest such as St. Louis, MO, Milwaukee, WI, Detroit, MI and Minneapolis, MN as well as a focus on the surrounding states in the region
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward alumni and friends of Miami University who reside in the Midwest region for major gifts in support of the programs and divisions of the university. Encourage and coordinate involvement of alumni and friends through campus visits and regional events
- Prepare and present solicitation proposals to alumni and friends with the input and assistance of constituent development officers representing Miami's various colleges and units as well as faculty, staff, administrators and deans. Proposals may involve tax planning, gifts of real estate, personal property, securities, and gifts in wills, trusts, annuities and insurance
- Recruit and staff volunteers and volunteer committees for events, programs and campaigns held in the Midwest region
- The Director of Regional Development will serve as the direct point of contact and liaison for activities in the Midwest region related to the Division of University Advancement
- Reporting to the Senior Director of Regional Development through the Senior Associate Vice President for University Advancement, it is preferred that the Director of Regional Development for the Midwest resides in or near a metropolitan Midwest city, with travel required in the Midwest region and periodic travel to Oxford, Ohio for meetings and other activities
Bachelor's degree; minimum three years of fundraising or comparable work experience; outstanding oral and written communication skills; ability and willingness to travel; ability and willingness to reside in or near a metropolitan city in the Midwest while working from home; excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and an ability to work with little day to day supervision is required. (Internships, volunteer work, and other experience gained during the completion of degree programs may be counted towards these requirements.)
For a complete position description and to apply, please visit: https://miamioh.hiretouch.com/job-details?jobID=4527&job=director-of-development-midwest-u-s
Miami University, an EO/AA employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami does not permit, and takes action to prevent, harassment, discrimination and retaliation. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Annual Security and Fire Safety Report may be found at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annualreport/ index .html. Criminal background check required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free.